Answer: It is the plant cannabis sativa with tetrahydrocannabinol level of not more than 0.30%.
Answer: The process flow is attached.
Answer: Statutory Instrument 218 of 2020.
- Cultivator Permit
- Research and breeding permit
- Merchant permit
What are the requirements for getting a permit for industrial hemp cultivation, research and breeding and as a merchant?
Answer: The conditions for getting a permit are attached and include the following:-
Stage 1: Obtaining a Police clearance for all the company directors and/or individuals involved in the industrial hemp project.
Stage 2: Getting all the documentation together and certified, CR6, CR14, Identity documents, site plan of the cultivated area with geo-coordinates and completing the AMA registration form
Stage 3: Paying inspection fee (USD200) to the Department of Research Services, Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Water and Rural Resettlement.
Stage 4: Payment of the relevant application fee to the Agricultural Marketing Authority and submission of documents to the same. The fees are as follows:-
- Application for a permit to cultivate industrial hemp – USD200; the renewal application fee is USD$200.00.
- Application for a permit to conduct research on industrial hemp – USD200; the renewal application fee is USD$200.00
- Application for a merchant permit – USD500; the renewal application fee is USD$500.00
Stage 5: If all conditions are met, the permit is issued by AMA.
- The cultivator permit is valid for one year.
- The research and breeding permit is valid for three years.
- The merchant permit is valid for one year.
Answer: The permit is issued within 72hrs from day of submission of the application and required documentation.
Answer: Every Citizen of Zimbabwe is eligible provided the meet the above stated conditions.
Answer: Except for industrial Hemp grown for research purposes, the minimum hectarage is one hectare (1ha).