REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION – INDUSTRIAL HEMP CULTIVATOR, RESEARCH AND BREEDING, MERCHANT
- Security clearance from the Zimbabwe Republic Police of authorized person in charge, responsible person in charge, – if application by company and each officer and director of the company and if application is by individual, that individual. The national identify details and residential addresses of persons employed by permit holder must be lodged with the Authority within 14 days of such employ. The police should be current and not more than one month old.
- Three copies of the plan of the cultivation area proposed, including geo-coordinates to be licenced and security measures to be put in place to prevent unauthorized access, NB Applications ae to be submitted for each individual location in the case of multiple locations.
- Companies should submit the following – Certificate of Incorporation, Valid Tax Clearance Certificate, CR14, CR6 Forms. Proof of citizenship is required for the majority of directors.
- Individuals should submit certified copies of the national identity documents, if foreign, proof of exemption by the Minister of Lands, Agriculture, Water and Rural Resettlement.
- A declaration signed and dated by the proposed authorized person in charge in accordance with Section 5 (1) (e) of Statutory Instrument 218 of 2020.
- Authority is required in accordance with the Plant Pests and Diseases Act (CAP19:08) for import and export of industrial hemp.
- Certificate from Seed Services Institute ( Zimbabwe) and /or recognized international seed registration authority on importing or exporting hemp seed in accordance with Seeds Act (CAP19:13).
- Registration is valid for one year for cultivator and merchants; and for three years for research and breeding.
- The following registration fees are applicable:
- Application for a permit to cultivate industrial hemp – US$200.
- Application for permit to conduct research on industrial hemp – US$200
- Application for renewal of permit to cultivate industrial hemp – US$200.
- Application for renewal of permit to conduct research on conduct research on industrial hemp – US$200.
- Application for variation or amendment of a permit – US$200.
- Application for import/ export permit – US$200.
- Application for a merchant permit – US$500.00
- Application for renewal of a merchant`s permit – US$500.
- Inspection fees – US$200.00 (NB: Payable to the Plant Quarantine Services – Proof of Payment should be attached to application form).
All fees (except inspection fees) are to be paid at AMA offices in Harare, No. 8 Leman Road, Mount Pleasant.
or deposited into the following Nostro Bank Account:
Account Name: Agricultural Marketing Authority
Branch: Kwame Nkrumah Ave
Account No.: 01122829630098