The Authority administers a number of statutory instruments (S.I.) in an effort to provide a framework for efficient production and marketing of agricultural products namely:
- SI. 142 (2009) and S.I. 63 (2011) – These regulate and provide the framework for contract production, marketing and standards of classification and quality of seed cotton and seed cotton products.
- SI. 147 (2012) – These regulations provide for registration of merchants of all agricultural products and submission of periodic returns to the Authority for compilation of vital statistics relating to the agricultural sector.
- SI. 140 (2013) – for grains and oilseeds. The regulations provide the framework for contract farming, marketing, standards of quality, registration of all merchants and processors that buy and sell agricultural products and submission of returns.
- SI 129 of 2017 – provides a framework for the development of the livestock sector, specifically looking at poultry, beef and milk products. It provides for the payment of a livestock levy for the development of the sector.
- SI 218 (2020) – AMA (Industrial Hemp) Regulations.
- SI 224 (2020) – Warehouse Receipt (General) Regulations.