A vacancy has arisen within the Agricultural Marketing Authority for the position of Procurement Officer. The incumbent supports the functions of the Chief Executive Officer as Accounting Officer, in pursuit of achieving effective and efficient public procurement.
We seek to recruit a candidate with the following credentials:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply Management
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a public institution
- Clean class 4 driver’s license
- High degree of integrity, analytical and negotiating skills
- Demonstrable concern for order and quality
- Information seeking and customer service oriented
- Speed of action in the execution of tasks
- In-depth knowledge of the public procurement laws and regulations
Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will assume the following duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Prepare and execute annual procurement plans and reports.
- Assist in the preparation of divisional budget in liaison with the finance department for adequate planning.
- Review actual expenditure against budget and make recommendations for possible action.
- Negotiate payment terms and goods specifications to manage the organization’s expenditure by reducing operational costs.
- Receive (IPR) internal purchase requisition forms all departments and analyse them to ensure that the right goods are procured.
- Adhere to the public procurement regulations and guidelines from the Procurement Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe (PRAZ).
- Verify invoice on receipt of goods and compare with purchase order to ensure the correct goods are received.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensuring that professionalism is always maintained with customers.
- Exercise good negotiating skills with the aim of reaching agreements that will result in mutual benefits.
- Implement and review systems to track procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation and accuracy.
- Maintain a record of accurate procurement information for future reference and record keeping.
Please send your CV, certificates and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Procurement Officer” as the subject of the email by not later than the 28th of August 2023.